What Does It Really Mean To Listen With Empathy?
Empathy teaches us to listen from the heart–to listen consciously from a place of presence. Its tools help transform the energy of conflict, separation, and division into opportunities for understanding and healthy relationships. It moves us to act with compassion towards ourselves and others.
In this course, you will learn to listen deeply and effectively. In these four sessions, we will explore the various levels of listening, and understand how each level builds upon the other, deepening the listening experience. You get to engage through various interactive techniques and practice empathic listening through a variety of exercises.
This Self-Paced Course Will Help You To:
- Gain clarity and understanding during a conversation
- Listen deeply from presence
- Listen for underlying feelings
- Listen for underlying needs and values
- Build an empathy vocabulary
- Make an intention for connection
- Identify common obstacles to empathy
- Engage practices to work through empathy obstacles
Who Is This Course Suitable For?
The course is suitable for everyone wanting to deepen their understanding and experience of empathy and compassion. You will need to organize a partner to complete some empathic listening exercises.
Length of Course:
- 4 Weeks – 60 minutes per Lesson. Total 240 minutes.
How Does It Work?
- You will receive four lessons to complete the 4-Week Course, including meditations, resources, and suggested practice exercises to try out in daily life in between sessions.
- Download immediately, lifetime access