Listening is an act of generosity. Generous listening is not about giving advice or fixing someone’s problem. It’s simply about extending our care and presence to another. Listening with full presence can be one of the most compassionate acts we can offer.
The Gift of Listening is for educators who wish to cultivate the compassionate side of students by creating a school culture in which genuine listening is valued and practiced. Teachers have developed and refined the content, making it an excellent starting place if you’re teaching compassionate listening for the first time.
This Four-Part Interactive Course Will Guide Youth To:
- Understand the skills necessary to listen with generosity
- Practice listening respectfully to each other
- Become conscious of types of language that divide us
- Overcome preconceived ideas and judgments
- Experience how it feels to listen to others
- Experience how it feels to be heard
- Teens/College Students – 14 to 21 years
Length of Course:
- 4 Week Course – 40 minutes per Lesson. Total 160 minutes.
You Will Receive:
- 4 x 40 Minutes Lesson Plans
- Guided Meditations
- Classroom Resources
- Download immediately, lifetime access
Who Is This Course Suitable For:
- Educators, Youth Leaders, Parents, or anyone committed to supporting Teens and Young Adults in deepening their understanding of Empathy, Compassion, and Compassion In Action.